As a graduate of the University of Kentucky College of Law (1967), I am perplexed as to why you fear a placement on the Supreme Court? I am assuming you studied the law at the University, and understand that the Constitution and its intentions are meant to be respected, honored and followed, to the best of someone’s ability.
- Are you fearful of the Constitution’s intent?
- Do you lack courage to do the right thing, or are you naturally an anxious person?
- Has this recent nominee made judgments against your top campaign donors (NRA etc.), and you are afraid of losing their funding?
As a law student, obstruction to justice, obstructing the law – such as promoting the blockade of a Supreme Court justice nomination – you learned that it is not only unethical, but illegal. Yet you are choosing to be unethical and perhaps, illegal.
- Why are you willing to break your oath to uphold the law?
- Why does the oath you took to serve the citizens of your country no longer mean anything to you?
I am confused why you are personally against the President of the United States to the point where you continually show disrespect for the position. You have done little else but try to thwart the good the President has accomplished while personally demeaning the man.
- Are you prejudiced against darker skinned people?
- Are you personally threatened by President Obama’s thoughtful, gracious approach?
- Is there jealousy involved?
The NRA contributed heavily to your re-election campaign. You insist they approve the nominee.
- What was the selling price? How much was the trust of the citizens of Kentucky worth?
- Did the NRA treat the citizens of Kentucky to dinner and buy them flowers first?
You were voted into office to represent the citizens of Kentucky. But your confrontational actions are affecting me in my state, too. In fact, you are systematically destroying the backbone of the United States you (supposedly) represent…its middle class, its women and children.
- Are most Kentucky citizens bigoted like you?
- Do most Kentucky citizens want women demeaned, education destroyed, and the working class eroded?
- If not, who – besides your own personal agenda – are you representing?
One last concern.
I continue to read your “stances”, and I wonder if you ever feel shame for your behavior, or guilt that you, as a grown-up, who is in such an influential position, has no awareness of the common good…or guilt for being so openly and proudly hostile, in how you treat others who may think or act differently than you.
- Do you really…really…believe you are earning your lifetime pay and benefits, and leaving a legacy that children want to grow up and emulate?
- Do you really…really…believe you get re-elected after abusing your position so?
You have a pattern. Whenever you have a choice between money and ethics or the law, you choose the money. When you do not get your way, you become uncooperative and belligerent.
- How do you define “wisdom”?
- Do you have any answers at all, that the intelligent, wise and mature in our society would describe as common sensed?
Inquiring minds want to know.